- Shorts or leggings & T-shirt
- Bare feet or gymnastic slippers with leather soles (no socks or tights)
- Hair pulled back, no jewellery
- Cangym badge system as set out by the Alberta Gymnastics Federation
- Each child progresses at his/her own rate. Levels may require more than 1 session to complete.
- Each child will receive a Skill and Progress Report at end of session
Disruptive or inattentive behaviour may result in:
- Child being asked to sit out for portion of class
- Continued behaviours – parents assistance will be required
- Behaviours not corrected – child may be asked to withdraw from program
Whenever behaviour threatens the safety of our gymnasts and/or coaches, SAGC reserves the right to withdraw child from program at any time without a refund.
- All of our coaches have been trained in basic First Aid.
- No food, gum or drinks in the gym
- No playing on equipment before, during or after class
- No parents in gym or doorway – viewing area upstairs
- All students must be picked up by a parent/guardian unless prior arrangements have been made
- No photographs to be taken during classes
- Parents are invited to the gym to watch and photograph their child during report card ceremony
Communication with Parents
- Email is easy and efficient way to communicate with all of our parents. If you have an email address and have not given it to us, or have given it to us but have not been receiving emails, please send us a quick note to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can have your email address on file for future correspondence
- Basic information is available on our website including class schedule and our staff team.
- If you need to contact the Club for any reason, you may leave a message on our phone line or send us an email
We are only one of several renters to use the facilities at the Monterey Park Community Association. We are fortunate to be able to use the upstairs viewing area during all of our class times, however, that area is used by other groups at other times. Please respect the belongings of these other groups and items displayed on the wall. Please respect other groups in the facility at the same time and do not allow siblings and observers to run around the facility.
The parking lot is big enough to accommodate all of our families without having to use up handicap or staff parking stalls. Please respect the reasons for having these designated spots and do not park there!!